Adaptation to Different Product Sizes
The picking device is a steel structure with pneumatically controlled gripping arms with discs which are gripping the tire from the inner bead. The gripping force automatically adjusts to the tire type and the weight of load handled.
Stacks of tires can be handled
Stacks of tires can be handled in one movement. The picking device has a stack height-measuring sensor which ensures accurate and space-efficient handling.
Features of the system:
- Fast, safe and accurate handling of tires
- Automatic, error-free handling of all kind of tires, adaptation to different product sizes and types are possible
- The tires are placed on the floor of the storage by stacking them and by using the best possible way.
- Stacking on roller conveyors in connection with a cross carrier, in order to make the system even faster
- Warehouse administration system which provides real-time storage inventories, data tracking throughout the system and communication with the existing PPS system
- A dynamic handling of the storage places by the warehouse administration system
[headline=12]Centring of tire before picking[/headline]
The tires arriving from the upstream tire conveyor on one of the line gantries for sorting. Before the tire is picked it is centred by a centring device.
Several picking devices working in one line
For a careful tire handling the line gantry picks the tire from the centre with a special eccentric picking device.
Depending on the performance, several picking devices are working in one line with a take over places in between. In case of one pickup device should fail to work correctly, the second system is able to operate the complete line.
The control system automatically chooses the places
After picking the tire, the gantry moves to a determined place and places the tire on top of a roller conveyor or an already existing stack of tires. The storage and control system are automatically choosing the places.